THE Australian Recreational Fishing Foundation (ARFF) is calling for nominations for the 2019 Recreational Fishing Awards, which will be presented on 11 December, 2019 at the National Recreational Fishing Awards Gala Dinner.
These prestigious awards recognise excellence across eight categories in the Australian recreational fishing industry.
The categories are:
- Excellence in Innovation and Leadership
- Excellence in Support for Recreational Fishing Research Outcomes
- Excellence in Recreational Fishing Communication
- Recreational Fishing Project of the Year
- Recreational Fishing Volunteer of the Year
- Best Project or Initiative Encouraging Women/Young People’s Participation in Fishing
- Most Successful Future Leader Graduate
- Mal Ramsay Lifetime Achievement Award
The Recreational Fishing Awards occur biennially, coinciding with the National Recreational Fishing Conference. The 2019 event will be the fourth time the awards have been presented.
Chairman of the Australian Recreational Fishing Foundation, Brett Cleary, said “The Awards are designed to highlight and recognise the achievements of the many hardworking people in the recreational fishing sector. Many in the recreational fishing industry work hard, get a lot achieved and much of it goes unnoticed. Nominating a person, group or project for an award is a great way to demonstrate that their efforts are appreciated.”
Who is eligible?
The Awards are open to Australian citizens and projects, with the nominated work or activity occurring during 2017—2019 (except for the Mal Ramsay Lifetime Achievement Award) and have a vision to improve recreational fishing in Australia.
There are no entry fees and self-nomination is allowed.
Nominations close at COB Monday 18 November, 2019.
For more information: www.arff.net.au