THE Recreational Fishing Alliance of NSW reminds fishos to check their boat trailers for signs of tampering at the ramp.
Reports of trailer tampering have been coming in from across NSW boat ramps.
These are just some of things boaters are reporting:
– Couplings unclipped
– Braked trailers being tampeed with, wires cut or damaged, hydraulic fluid reservoirs loosened or fluid drained.
– Safety chains “D” shackles loosened, removed from vehicles, or put elsewhere.
– Wheelnuts loosened or removed.
– Bearing caps removed or grease buddies stolen.
– Boat winch cables or straps cut or damaged.
– Trailer light wiring cut, or removed, etc.
If you see anyone tampering with somethings which are not theirs, or hanging about suspiciously at boat ramps, grab what details you can and share that information with the local Police Station in the area, calling and making a report to the Police Assistance Line 131444, calling NSW Maritime 131236 general office, or contacting Council Rangers in the area.