ANGLING clubs, individuals, community groups, local councils and organisations interested in rehabilitating fish habitat on the coast and inland NSW can apply for grants of up to $40,000.
The Habitat Action Grant program is a fantastic opportunity to improve your local creek, river, estuary or surrounding area to promote healthy waterways and to encourage more native fish, naturally. DPI is particularly interested in concepts for rehabilitating Trout Cod and their freshwater habitats.
In the past, habitat rehabilitation projects which have been funded have included:
- removal or modification of barriers to fish passage
- rehabilitation of riparian lands (riverbanks, wetlands, mangrove forests, saltmarsh)
- re-snagging waterways with timber structure
- the removal of exotic vegetation from waterways and replacement with native plants
- bank stabilisation works
- fencing to exclude livestock
Grant applications close 29 September 2023. For more information and to apply for this round please visit www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hag
Habitat Action Grants are supported with funding from the Recreational Fishing Trusts.