RAYMARINE has just announced the release of its new high-performance Dragonfly Sonar/GPS unit that boasts the power and crisp detail of advanced CHIRP sonar at a very affordable price.
The new easy-fit, stand-alone Dragonfly is a dual-beam CHIRP sonar and GPS chartplotter in one that comes complete with its own dual-beam transducer.
Dragonfly boasts the latest CHIRP DownVision sonar technology which enables anglers to target fish and explore underwater structure with high-resolution photo like sonar imagery. Unlike conventional imaging sonars, Raymarine says Dragonfly’s DownVision sonar uses CHIRP technology to transmit across a wide spectrum of sonar signals – the result is much higher resolution, life-like DownVision sonar images.
Dragonfly allows simultaneous viewing of fish-targeting sonar and high-resolution DownVision sonar imagery using Dragonfly’s dual sonar, split-screen, display.
For maximum visibility in bright sunlight Dragonfly features a large 5.7″ ultra-bright 1500 nit display for excellent colour and contrast. For added on board security, the Dragonfly display can be secured in its quick-release, tilt-and-swivel, drop-in base using an optional Thule lock core.
Dragonfly Key Feature Summary:
- Photo like imagery of bottom structure using CHIRP DownVision
- CHIRP powered Dual Channel sonar. View high resolution DownVision structure images and target fish with CHIRP sonar simultaneously using dual sonar mode
- Perfectly matched dual-beam CHIRP transducer with a wide 60° x 1.4° fan beam for DownVision™ imagery plus a conical 25° beam for targeting fish
- High accuracy temperature sensor built into the transducer
- Built in 50 channel GPS sensor with fast-acquisition technology
- Available with industry-leading Navionics charts included on microSD
- Simple user interface for easy access to menu options and display choices
- Ultra-bright 1500 nit optically bonded sunlight display for maximum readability in all conditions
- Tilt/Swivel quick-release drop-in base with optional Thule lock core for added security
Raymarine’s Dragonfly will be available next month for $945 RRP including Navionics Gold chart.