A NEW software update has been announced for Simrad MFDs providing major sonar enhancements, new Navionics functionality and general software improvements.
The update covers NSS evo2, NSO evo2, GO5 XSE and GO7 XSE and includes significant improvements to TVG (Time Variable Gain) and Auto Gain, Navionics SonarChart Live, Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting (not available in US) and Navionics Plotter Sync, in addition to NMEA 2000 entertainment enhancements.
The update includes:
- TVG (Time Variable Gain) functionality has been significantly enhanced to remove clutter at the top of the screen without affecting fish targets near the surface.
- SonarChart Live gives anglers the capability to create 1′ (.5m) HD bathymetric maps – in real time — on NSS evo2, NSO evo2 and GO XSE displays.
- Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting creates intelligent, detailed routes for navigating through cramped, narrow passageways and channels.
- With Navionics Plotter Sync, anglers can easily download the latest Navionics chart data and transfer waypoints and routes between the Navionics app and a Navionics card via the wireless connectivity of NSS evo2 and GO XSE displays.
- New software enhancements to NSS evo2, NSO evo2 and GO XSE displays enable them to work directly with all third-party audio equipment that conforms to the NMEA 2000Marine Entertainment/Audio Protocol.
For more information on the NSS evo2, NSO evo2, GO XSE or other products from Simrad Yachting marine electronics visit the website.