The all new 2010 series of Fishing Australia starts soon. Host, Rob Paxevanos, a proud Fisho fan since the age of 7, told us he reckons this is easily the best series yet.
The upcoming season so far includes episodes featuring:
- Heli Fishing for Aussie bass in the remote sections of the mighty Macleay Valley;
- A 12 pound Tassie trout on fly (and if you think trout don’t fight as good as some fish wait till you see this ripper go berserk).
- New ways to rig hardbody lures with single hooks for gamefishing.
- XL southern bluefin tuna within a stone’s throw of the highest cliffs in Australia.
- New circle hook estuary fishing techniques for the whole family.
- The environmental benefits of using carp strips for bait on bream, flathead and jewfish (yes jewfish).
- Fishing remote ‘Fly Island’ in WA in search of outsized permit and milkfish.
- Jewfish on lure techniques for hard fished waters.
- Exploring and fishing an estuary from the source to the sea.
- Another side to the Snowies – the stunning south western escarpment.
- The amazing Solomon Islands
And a whole lot more.
Paxevanos says filming for the 2010 series has taken place in every Australian State and Territory.
The new series starts Saturday the 5th of June, 2010 and runs for 13 consecutive weeks.
Timeslot is 5 pm on WIN Television, 2 pm on NBN Television, and 5 pm on Channel 9. Check your local TV guide for exact details. For preview footage see below.
For more go to: www.fishingaustralia.tv